Squeaking kitchen faucet

Old August 5th 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Squeaking kitchen faucet

I installed a delta kitchen sink faucet, oh, about 8 years ago, more or
less.

Single lever.... typical Delta.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, it started squeaking when you rotate the
faucet from one sink to the other....Hope that is "understandable."
What I'm trying to say is that obviously, the faucet can swing in an
arc, heck it probably can go 360, but we just move it around from one
side of the sink to the other.

Any easy fix to stop the squeak?. I'm thinking it must be from the
O-rings and that I'll probably have to pull the thing apart or
something, but if I do, what do I do then. Don't imagine I want to be
squirting 3-1 oil in there.LOL.

Old August 5th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair
tom

Plumber's grease will work, or silicone. You'll have to pull off the
arm to get to the o-rings. Tom

Old August 5th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair

tom wrote:
Plumber's grease will work, or silicone. You'll have to pull off the
arm to get to the o-rings. Tom

O.K. Thanks much (but I was afraid I'd have to do some real work. LOL).

Have a plumbing and electrical supply store near me, so I suppose
they'll have the grease.