DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Squeaking kitchen faucet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/171472-squeaking-kitchen-faucet.html)

[email protected] August 5th 06 01:18 AM

Squeaking kitchen faucet

I installed a delta kitchen sink faucet, oh, about 8 years ago, more or
less.

Single lever.... typical Delta.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, it started squeaking when you rotate the
faucet from one sink to the other....Hope that is "understandable."
What I'm trying to say is that obviously, the faucet can swing in an
arc, heck it probably can go 360, but we just move it around from one
side of the sink to the other.

Any easy fix to stop the squeak?. I'm thinking it must be from the
O-rings and that I'll probably have to pull the thing apart or
something, but if I do, what do I do then. Don't imagine I want to be
squirting 3-1 oil in there.LOL.

tom August 5th 06 01:23 AM

Squeaking kitchen faucet

Plumber's grease will work, or silicone. You'll have to pull off the
arm to get to the o-rings. Tom

[email protected] August 5th 06 01:46 AM

Squeaking kitchen faucet

tom wrote:
Plumber's grease will work, or silicone. You'll have to pull off the
arm to get to the o-rings. Tom

O.K. Thanks much (but I was afraid I'd have to do some real work. LOL).

Have a plumbing and electrical supply store near me, so I suppose
they'll have the grease.

mm August 5th 06 04:44 AM

Squeaking kitchen faucet

On 4 Aug 2006 16:46:02 -0700, wrote:

tom wrote:
Plumber's grease will work, or silicone. You'll have to pull off the
arm to get to the o-rings. Tom

O.K. Thanks much (but I was afraid I'd have to do some real work. LOL).

Have a plumbing and electrical supply store near me, so I suppose
they'll have the grease.

Often you don't have to take off the handle to take off the arm. Just
turn off the hot and cold and unscrew the fluted ring just above the
arm and below the handle. You will have to wiggle and rotate the arm
to get it off, but it goes on easier.