Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Letter from scout camp

?Dear Mom

Our scout master told us to write to our parents in case you saw the
flood on TV and worried. We are okay. Only one of our tents and two
sleeping bags got washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned
because were all up on the mountain looking for Chad when it happened.
Oh, yes, please call Cad's mother and tell her he is okay. He can't
write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search and
rescue jeeps. It was neat. We never would have found him in the dark
if it hadn't been for the fighting. Scoutmaster Webb got mad at Chad
for going on a hike alone without telling anyone. Chad said he did
tell him, but it was during the fire so he probably didn't hear him.
Did you know that if you put gas on a fire, the gas can will blow
up? The wet wood still didn't burn, but one of our tents did. Also
some of our cloths. John is going to look weird until his hair grows
back. We will be home on Saturday if Scoutmaster Webb gets the car
fixed. It wasn't his fault about the wreck. The brakes worked okay
when we left. Scoutmaster Webb said that a car that old, you have to
expect something to break down; that's probably why he can't get
insurance on it. We think it is a neat car. He doesn't care if we
get it dirty, and if it's hot, sometimes he lets us ride on the
tailgate. It get pretty hot with ten people in a car. He let us take
turns riding in the trailer until the highway patrolman stopped and
talked to us.
Scoutmaster Webb is a neat guy. Don't worry, he is a good driver.
In fact, he is teaching Terry how to drive. But he only lets him
drive on the mountain roads where there isn't any traffic. All we
ever see up here is logging trucks.
This morning all of the guys were diving off the rocks and swimming
out in the lake. Scoutmaster Webb wouldn't let me because I can't
swim and Chad was afraid he would sink because of his cast, so he let
us take the canoe across the lake. It was great. You can still see
some of the trees under the water from the flood. Scoutmaster Webb
isn't crabby like some scoutmasters. He didn't even get mad about the
life jackets. He has to spend a lot of time working on his car so we
are trying not to cause him any trouble.
Guess what, we've all passed our First Aid merit badge. When Dave
drove in the lake and cut his arm, we got to see how a tourniquet
works. Also Wade and I threw up. Scoutmaster Webb said it was just
food poisoning from the leftover chicken. He said they got sick that
way with the food they ate in prison. I'm so glad he got out and
became our scoutmaster. He said he
sure figured out how to get things done better while he was doing his
time.
I have to go now. We are going down to mail our letters and buy
bullets.
Don't worry about anything, we are fine.

Love, Cole

P.S. How long has it been since I had a tetanus shot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin, that, or something very similar, has been around for years--BUT
still hilarious. Thanks for a good laugh. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got that in my email many years ago. It recently got sent back to me
by another friend,s o I know it's been making the circuit. Whoever
wrote that was a literary genius. Every sentence is cheerful,
childlike, and would strike terror into the heart of a parent. Wish I
could thank the original author.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.