Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet over gypcrete

I have a second floor in a multifamily building with 1.5 inch of
gypcrete over 3/4 OSB. Some parts will be carpeted.
Should there be a vapor barrier or some type of priming over the
gypcrete in order to install carpet over it?

Targus

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a second floor in a multifamily building with 1.5 inch of
gypcrete over 3/4 OSB. Some parts will be carpeted.
Should there be a vapor barrier or some type of priming over the
gypcrete in order to install carpet over it?

No idea about code or current practice, but as a kid working on 3-high
apartments like that, we never did. The gypcrete wasn't in contact with
dirt, so once it was solid, no place to wick moisture from. I think the
'garden apartment' level, on slab, hade vapor barrier under the slab, IIRC.

aem sends...

"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Carpet problems, please help [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 10th 05 10:31 PM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM
while *laying* carpet; anticipating human "cow-trails"? David Combs Home Repair 7 January 31st 04 06:33 PM