Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have purchased a used Ridgid WTS2000L

I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw.
It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.

How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.

Is there anyway to remove this crud without damaging the saw.

Please comment
Ray
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/19 11:55 AM, Ray Mead Kissimmee. Florida wrote:
I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw.
It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.

How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.

Is there anyway to remove this crud without damaging the saw.

Please comment
Ray

Here is one guide re using rubbing alcohol

https://www.ehow.com/how_5848025_cle...e-wet-saw.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
On 2/20/19 11:55 AM, Ray Mead Kissimmee. Florida wrote:
I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw.
It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.

How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and
pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.

Is there anyway to remove this crud without damaging the saw.

Please comment
Ray

Here is one guide re using rubbing alcohol

https://www.ehow.com/how_5848025_cle...e-wet-saw.html

White vinegar or muriatic acid - that's the stuff they use to wash
mortar residue from brick and block work .Vinegar is safer but takes
longer . That ehow link is pretty much useless for anything but fresh
residue that hasn't cured yet .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ray Mead Kissimmee. Florida" writes:
I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw.
It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.

How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.

Why do you want to get it off? Does it impair saw functionality in any way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:28:24 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
[...]

I would have thought Muric acid would eat up the alumium castings

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
[...]

Dilute it and neutralize it quickly. Sulfamic acid crystals are a
milder acid, used in cleaning tile and grout.

Even Vinegar will pit / damage cast iron when exposed to long. Try
the white Cleaning Vinegar ~6% from Wally World.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
[...]

It will. Phosphoric acid is relatively safe on aluminum and
aggressive to lime based materials. I've also heard of using a
concentrated suger solution or blackstrap molasses
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
On 2/20/19 11:55 AM, Ray Mead Kissimmee. Florida wrote:
I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw.
It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.

How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and
pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.

Is there anyway to remove this crud without damaging the saw.

Please comment
Ray

Here is one guide re using rubbing alcohol

https://www.ehow.com/how_5848025_cle...e-wet-saw.html

White vinegar or muriatic acid - that's the stuff they use to wash mortar
residue from brick and block work .

Neither will dissolve tile or brick dust. Thats why they dont
damage the brick or tiles when cleaning the mortar residue off.

Vinegar is safer but takes longer . That ehow link is pretty much useless
for anything but fresh residue that hasn't cured yet .

Brick and tile dust doesnt cure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:09:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Neither will dissolve tile or brick dust. That¢s why they don¢t
damage the brick or tiles when cleaning the mortar residue off.

Vinegar is safer but takes longer . That ehow link is pretty much useless
for anything but fresh residue that hasn't cured yet .

Brick and tile dust doesn¢t cure.

Darn! And this innocent little thread was Rot-free, so far! tsk

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, wrote:
[...]

But neither do anything to brick and tile dust.

Even Vinegar will pit / damage cast iron when exposed to long.
Try the white Cleaning Vinegar ~6% from Wally World.

Wont touch brick and tile dust.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:26:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Wont touch brick and tile dust.

Shut your senile gob when humans are having a discussion, senile Ozzie
cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: