Water pressure problem in my sprinkler system.

Old July 17th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure problem in my sprinkler system.

I am having problems getting all my sprinkler zones to work. I have 12
zones with an average of 6 to 8 sprinkler heads on each zone. I have
one zone that does not seem to get enough water pressure or let enough
pressure out to keep my pump and pressure tank running. I have a
private well, 1 hp pump with a pumping rate of 25 gpm. and a 30 gallon
pressure tank. I also have a water softener , but is only hooked to
spigets and faucets connected directly to or in the house. I have one
zone , zone 8 at the moment that isnt working properly. doesnt let
enough water out to keep the pump and pressure tank to keep running, so
water barely squirts out. i have changed control valves and silinoids,
but then a different zone acts up. I have changed 2 control valves at
the same time while leaving one or the other open, and get this weird
gurgling sound with water running out for a short period. then i
replace the valve tops and all the zones work. However a week later a
zone acts up again. do the same thing with 2 different control valves
and can get it to work again , but only for a short time again. Did
have a sprinkler guy come in and he cant seem to find the problem. Kal

Old July 17th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.home.repair

gabes wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Sure, you don't have a leak in that particular zone?
Try exchanging zone valve with another working one.
Old July 17th 06, 04:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Pj

Tony Hwang wrote:
gabes wrote:
[...]

I put a pressure gauge in my system years ago; not expensive,
relatively easy to do and has solved many problems. If one line
doesn't have pressure it's probably caused by a broken sprinkler head,
broken line or faulty valve.

Old July 17th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.home.repair

I have noticed alot of standing water in zone 5, but that zone seems to
be one of the best working zones i have. with the most pressure . if
there was a leak in zone 5 would it affect other zones?

Old July 17th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

"gabes" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have noticed alot of standing water in zone 5, but that zone seems to
be one of the best working zones i have. with the most pressure . if
there was a leak in zone 5 would it affect other zones?

Sounds like a leak in a supply line to the faulty zone which runs through
zone 5. Or it could be that you're just overwatering in zone 5. Do you
know your piping layout? Suggest you look for a small "spring" or "geyser"
somewhere within the puddled area.

SJF

Instant Hot Water: Installing a Re-circulating System [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 06 09:53 AM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers UK diy 3 January 5th 06 08:23 PM
Need help with water pressure problem Ted Home Repair 3 July 25th 05 05:01 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
AquaTherm Furnace - No Hot Water Issue David Home Repair 7 January 25th 04 07:43 AM