Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which BernzoMatic Torch Head?

"jim evans" wrote in message
I am trying to decide between the BernzoMatic TS3000 & TS4000.

The 4000 seems much more convenient it turns on and off automatically
and it can use both propane and MAPP gases. The problem is you cannot
regulate the flame. I've never had a torch that you could not
regulate the flame. I use it for general purpose projects and it
seems like I need to adjust the flame to the purpose. Maybe not. I
also use a torch with various tips -- soldering, blow torch tip, paint
removal (flame spreader). What do you think about this issue -- how
important is the ability to adjust the flame?

You can buy a separate flow regulator (On-OFF valve) that you put between
the nozzle and source of gas.