Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring Fan/Light with Remote Control

is there a way to wire a ceiling fan/light so the wall switches and the
remote control the fan/light independently?

i haven't figured out if this is possible - thanks in advance - jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
JD JD is offline

Jim Wheeler wrote:
is there a way to wire a ceiling fan/light so the wall switches and the
remote control the fan/light independently?

i haven't figured out if this is possible - thanks in advance - jim

Not that I'm aware of. I'm starting to hate those dang remote fans.
We've two of them in my house and if you can't find the remote, the
switch is absolutely useless. When the house was built, I installed two
switches, one to control the fan and the other to control the light. My
wife wanted the remote control fans so now I've an extra switch that
does nothing (well, at least until we loose the dang remote and I have
to install another fan).

I've not found a model that works independently, I too would be
interested in one that did.

JD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:24:43 GMT, Jim Wheeler
wrote:

is there a way to wire a ceiling fan/light so the wall switches and the
remote control the fan/light independently?

i haven't figured out if this is possible - thanks in advance - jim

Check if you have three wires feeding your fan.

If not, the easy way I've found to change over fans and lights
operated via a single pole switch, is what Lutron created, New Maestro
Fan Controls. They have a receiver so both the fan speed and light
level can be operated from an ordinary circuit. So I've been told.

http://www.urlbee.com?7262

hth,

tom