Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Substitute hose for Polaris 360 automatic swimming pool cleaner

Does anyone know of a website where you can purchase plastic hose
material that will work with a Polaris 360 swiming pool cleaner. The
Polaris brand replacement part cost over $22 for one 6 foot length of
hose. I need 24 feet of hose and at $3.66 a foot.......well, there's
got to be a cheaper way. I'm sure there is some other off brand hose
that would work just fine.

Thanks for any help you may have.
Chris Ring

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a Kreepy Krauly which uses similar highly-priced hose segments. For
the price of 2 segments, it was less expensive to buy a 30 foot long vacuum
hose. Works fine for me. YMMV.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got a good laugh out of this. This is the next thread after the DIY
store idjit one, with everyone complaining about Home Depot's crappy
service and selection (which is true) and the first reply is to try HD.
Too funny, although I'll be the first to admit, as much as I complain
about them, I keep going back also. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a Polaris 360 and I need 6 to 10 feet of feeder holes. The actual Polaris hose is ridiculous price prices. Of course everything Polaris has is ridiculous!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ea-126085-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:45:08 AM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
I have a Polaris 360 and I need 6 to 10 feet of feeder holes. The actual Polaris hose is ridiculous price prices. Of course everything Polaris has is ridiculous!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ea-126085-.htm

Check farm supply stores. Orschelns, Rural King, Tractor Supply. Look at hardware stores like Ace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 10:02:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:45:08 AM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
I have a Polaris 360 and I need 6 to 10 feet of feeder holes. The actual Polaris hose is ridiculous price prices. Of course everything Polaris has is ridiculous!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ea-126085-.htm

Check farm supply stores. Orschelns, Rural King, Tractor Supply. Look at hardware stores like Ace.

Or Ebay. If anyone can make a knock off substitute, it's probably there. If you're
going to DIY, the key is knowing the exact size and properties of the hose. Had one of
those years ago, don't remember much about the hose, what kind of connections it
had, etc. This application is pretty specific and if it's not right it may not work.