Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hayard Inground Pool Pump Runs but No Pressure

Today I came home from work and noticed that it looked like the pump
was not on. Which is odd because its on a timer. I went out to the
filter and the pump is certainly on and running but it is not
circulating any water and there is no pressure reading on the filter.
Could the Impeller be bad or maybe a broken shaft? Has this happened to
anyone out there? Can I disassemble and replace parts or do I have to
get a whole new pump?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"MonkeyMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Today I came home from work and noticed that it looked like the pump
was not on. Which is odd because its on a timer. I went out to the
filter and the pump is certainly on and running but it is not
circulating any water and there is no pressure reading on the filter.
Could the Impeller be bad or maybe a broken shaft? Has this happened to
anyone out there? Can I disassemble and replace parts or do I have to
get a whole new pump?

You can probably find a manual on the Hayward site.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
"MonkeyMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Today I came home from work and noticed that it looked like the pump
was not on. Which is odd because its on a timer. I went out to the
filter and the pump is certainly on and running but it is not
circulating any water and there is no pressure reading on the filter.
Could the Impeller be bad or maybe a broken shaft? Has this happened to
anyone out there? Can I disassemble and replace parts or do I have to
get a whole new pump?

You can probably find a manual on the Hayward site.

Bob

Is it possible it's air locked? I've had that happen on my spa. I
guess it's possible the impeller could be broken and the shaft just
spinning, but that doesn't seem likely. In any case, these pumps
generally have seals and impellers that can be replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop Pop is offline

In oups.com,
MonkeyMan typed:
Today I came home from work and noticed that it looked like the
pump
was not on. Which is odd because its on a timer. I went out
to the
filter and the pump is certainly on and running but it is not
circulating any water and there is no pressure reading on the
filter.
Could the Impeller be bad or maybe a broken shaft? Has this
happened
to anyone out there? Can I disassemble and replace parts or do
have to get a whole new pump?

From the sound of your question, you need to get a pool man to
check it out. It may or may not have been ruined. Most likely
you developed an air leak and air in the pump stopped it from
pumping, but if it ran long enough it may have damaged things
inside.

Have you tried filling the basket with water and restarting it?

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair
MCL MCL is offline

I've had it happen, what everyone has referred to as air locked. The only
remedy was to unplug pump, set to backwash, let the water start to flow on
gravity alone. Start pump, allow to run on backwash, then reset it to
filter. No matter what I tried I could never get it to restart pumping
without this ritual. Hope this helps.
Mike