Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What do you call this part of the stair?

Please lood at this pictu

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/stair.jpg

I'm talking about the flat part with curvy sides. I want to replace
them and give them a naturatl finish.

So my questions a
1. What is this part called?
2. Where should I look to purchase them?
3. Are there standard sizes?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Please lood at this pictu

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/stair.jpg

I'm talking about the flat part with curvy sides. I want to replace
them and give them a naturatl finish.

So my questions a
1. What is this part called?
2. Where should I look to purchase them?
3. Are there standard sizes?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

1. Tread Bracket
2. http://vintagewoodworks.stores.yahoo...adstairbr.html
3. Yes, but they may not fit.

--
Grandpa

What is that dripping from my fingers?
Why it looks like time.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
Please lood at this pictu

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/stair.jpg

I'm talking about the flat part with curvy sides. I want to replace
them and give them a naturatl finish.

So my questions a
1. What is this part called?
2. Where should I look to purchase them?
3. Are there standard sizes?

They'd be easy enough to make if you have a bandsaw or scroll saw.

B.