Posted to alt.home.repair
O.B.

Default Air Bubbles in Water

We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a
lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are seeing
this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have a
pressure regular. What could be causing this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

O.B. wrote:
We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a
lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are seeing
this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have a
pressure regular. What could be causing this?

Lots of things...which is actually it depends on factors not known from
your description. Does this happen at every outlet/tap or only on a
particular sink/faucet?

Has it always been this way or is this a new phenomenon?

Has the water supplier done something that has raised the service
pressure (like a new pumping station)?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:57:28 -0500, "O.B."
wrote:

We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a
lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are seeing
this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have a
pressure regular. What could be causing this?

Dunno. If it bothers you, wait until the bubbles go away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a
lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are
seeing
this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have
pressure regular. What could be causing this?

My county water district guide says that bubbles are normal time to time
occurances for county and city water. Maybe caused by water main work being
conducted elsewhere, maybe caused by other things.

I'd be surprised to see them in hot water, normally that sort of stuff would
work it's way out long before it made it through the hot water pipe.

Why don't you call your water district and ask about the bubbles?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:57:28 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"O.B." quickly quoth:

We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a
lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are seeing
this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have a
pressure regular. What could be causing this?

Um...the aerator on your faucet, perhaps? g Pressure regulators
don't introduce air into the water, BTW.

Unscrew the aerator from a faucet and see if you still have milky,
bubbly water. If so, talk to your city water supplier.

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases