Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Heath-Zenith Wireless doorbells are garbage

Heath-Zenith Wireless doorbells are garbage.
In the past 3 years since I bought the first one, I have had to
replace this doorbell 3 times. I bought one at Walmart for about $15.
It lasted a year. I replaced the battery in the outdoor button, still
it did not work. (The indoor ringer is 120V AC). I bought another
complete set, and found the bell (indoor) was fine on my old one, but
the outdoor button was dead. A few months later it was dead again,
and a new battery did not fix it again. I was able to exchange it
that time. Now, once again it's dead. It appears to be the button
again. This time I contacted the manufacturer. They said that they
would replace it if it was still in the one year warranty and I had
the receipt. I cant find the receipt, so they refuse to assist me,
even though they admit that it's probably defective.

After this much trouble, I dont even want another one, and will
install a wired bell. DO NOT buy them, they are total trash.
I should mention that the outdoor button is under a roof too, so it's
not water getting into it. Just very poor quality (made in China)
crap. The model number is SL 6151-RX-A

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I bought a DiMango unit where the transmitter is wired with the
doorbell transformer and receiver(s) plug into any duplex receptacle.
Worked fine for years. Have moved and 2 were moved with us but not
connected yet. Single doorbel pushbutton works for original bell and
DiMango units. Would do it again.

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:47:55 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:49:42 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Hi,
For 15.00 bucks what do you expect?

A lot more than one year !!!!!!!