Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall?

Cindy wrote:
Hello,

We're about to remove some paneling that has sheetrock underneath. Our guess is
there was never any taping done to it or it will need major repair from the
paneling coming off. I've never attempted this before and although everything
looks fairly straightforward on TV, is this something a DYI'er could accomplish
fairly easily?

Thanks,

Cindy

I drywalled, taped and mudded my basement because I'm a DIY kind of
guy. Everybody told me to hire out the taping and mudding, but I
always want to do something at lease ONCE. Well, that's the total
amount of taping and mudding I'll ever do in my life, ONCE.

It's certainly not brain surgery, but it is a skill that is learned
over time, and while my taping and mudding looks great, it took a hell
of a lot of time. If I were to pay myself, I probably made 5 bucks an
hour. I finally got pretty good at it... right about at the time when
I was finished!!

HIRE IT OUT.

How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall? Mike Plate Home Repair 0 August 30th 06 04:21 PM
How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall? Eigenvector Home Repair 0 August 30th 06 04:13 PM
drywall screw spins out [email protected] Home Repair 17 January 24th 06 03:24 PM
drywall repair Patt Home Repair 2 September 19th 05 04:35 AM
Advice on Sealing the Joint Between Drywall and Cement Board? [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 3rd 05 06:41 PM