Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tamarack HV1000 whole house fan

Thinking of buying one of these whole house fans, it's only a 1000 CFM
unit but it states it is quiet and has a quick easy installation, just
what I'm looking for. Anybody have one of these units?? Do you like?
Going to use in a 1600 sq. home that doesn't have a/c and looking to
cool the inside of the house with fresh cooler evening air and also
cool attic at the same time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thinking of buying one of these whole house fans, it's only a 1000 CFM
unit but it states it is quiet and has a quick easy installation, just
what I'm looking for. Anybody have one of these units?? Do you like?
Going to use in a 1600 sq. home that doesn't have a/c and looking to
cool the inside of the house with fresh cooler evening air and also
cool attic at the same time.

1000 cfm is not much for a whole house fan. Don't expect any signifcant
cooling with it. I think a normal whole house fan starts at around 3000 cfm
and goes higher from there depending on the model. Check these out at
Grainger.com:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...e+Hous e+Fans

q. about bridge-type loan to finance house purchase [email protected] UK diy 3 June 12th 06 01:30 PM
House sale lynd UK diy 14 March 11th 06 07:40 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 01:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 05:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 07:53 PM