Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Make table from handtruck?

Maybe someone here will know this....

Is it possible to make a lightweight stand up table out
of an aluminum hand truck?

Like the aluminum folding hand trucks you might buy at
Costco or something?

All I need is a surface or deck on it at say stand up
or desk height...either one. Preferably adjustable to
ANY height.

Big enough to set a laptop on?

I'm trying to invent a very lightweight portable table
that could also be used as a hand truck too.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

Is it possible to make a lightweight stand up table out
of an aluminum hand truck?

I'm trying to invent a very lightweight portable table
that could also be used as a hand truck too.

Sure, but if I tell you how, you will steal my invention won't you?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message

Is it possible to make a lightweight stand up table out
of an aluminum hand truck?

I'm trying to invent a very lightweight portable table
that could also be used as a hand truck too.

Sure, but if I tell you how, you will steal my invention won't you?

Cats already out of the bag guys. Once posted its public domain and you
can't patent.

Sounds like you want to make a light duty Ambulance Gurney. Some tool
benches have these qualities as well. I'd say there's probably some Niches
left in the market to sell these.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:53:51 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.net...

wrote in message

Is it possible to make a lightweight stand up table out
of an aluminum hand truck?

I'm trying to invent a very lightweight portable table
that could also be used as a hand truck too.

Sure, but if I tell you how, you will steal my invention won't you?

Good point.

And if the OP works at it long enough, he won't need us.

Cats already out of the bag guys. Once posted its public domain and you
can't patent.

No one's given even a taste of a design. Ideas are not patentable to
begin with. Implementations are. (maybe with some exceptions like
software, but I don't think in the case of tangible stuff.)

Sounds like you want to make a light duty Ambulance Gurney. Some tool
benches have these qualities as well. I'd say there's probably some Niches
left in the market to sell these.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PipeDown" wrote:

Cats already out of the bag guys. Once posted its public domain and you
can't patent.

I didn't mean invent as in market a product... but
invent for personal use

Just looking for some ideas. maybe someone already done
it