Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default In case you missed it: Duct Tape Festival

"Many are calling it the stickiest situation of the year -- when duct tape
enthusiasts roll out their creations featuring funky fashions, silly
sculptures and gigantic parade floats all made out of duct tape.

"Now in its third year, the Duck Tape Festival celebrates dads and their
most frequently used tool! Everyone's favorite fix-all with a million and
one uses will be the center of attention during Fathers Day weekend in Avon,
Ohio proclaimed Duct Tape Capital of the World and home of Duck brand duct
tape..."

[I particularly liked the "Duct Tape Bikini Competition" photos]

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

(just kidding about the bikini stuff)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

HeyBub wrote:

"Many are calling it the stickiest situation of the year -- when duct tape
enthusiasts roll out their creations featuring funky fashions, silly
sculptures and gigantic parade floats all made out of duct tape.

"Now in its third year, the Duck Tape Festival celebrates dads and their
most frequently used tool! Everyone's favorite fix-all with a million and
one uses will be the center of attention during Fathers Day weekend in Avon,
Ohio proclaimed Duct Tape Capital of the World and home of Duck brand duct
tape..."

[I particularly liked the "Duct Tape Bikini Competition" photos]

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

(just kidding about the bikini stuff)

The link on that page:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/www.avon...pefestival.com

seems to be dead.

My favorite duct tape shot is this one:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/duct_tape.jpg

Hopefully this thread won't deteriorate into a hassle over what's the
difference between the names "duct tape", "duc tape" and "duck tape"...G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't "get" duct tape. I've never found a use for it. You can't
seal ducts with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.

If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40

wrote:
I don't "get" duct tape. I've never found a use for it. You can't
seal ducts with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
. ..
HeyBub wrote:

"Many are calling it the stickiest situation of the year -- when duct
tape enthusiasts roll out their creations featuring funky fashions, silly
sculptures and gigantic parade floats all made out of duct tape.

"Now in its third year, the Duck Tape Festival celebrates dads and their
most frequently used tool! Everyone's favorite fix-all with a million and
one uses will be the center of attention during Fathers Day weekend in
Avon, Ohio proclaimed Duct Tape Capital of the World and home of Duck
brand duct tape..."

[I particularly liked the "Duct Tape Bikini Competition" photos]

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

(just kidding about the bikini stuff)

The link on that page:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/www.avon...pefestival.com

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

.... and folks...

* * * IT IS CALLED DUCK TAPE !!!!! * * *

Goddam it!

: )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

-snip-
My favorite duct tape shot is this one:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/duct_tape.jpg

Mine too-- now. She's my kind of woman, though.
1. She already has her own roll of duct tape.
2. She knows how important it is.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat

I thought duck tape was what you used if you found that your duck was
quacked.

HeyBub wrote:

"Many are calling it the stickiest situation of the year -- when duct
tape enthusiasts roll out their creations featuring funky fashions, silly
sculptures and gigantic parade floats all made out of duct tape.

"Now in its third year, the Duck Tape Festival celebrates dads and their
most frequently used tool! Everyone's favorite fix-all with a million and
one uses will be the center of attention during Fathers Day weekend in
Avon, Ohio proclaimed Duct Tape Capital of the World and home of Duck
brand duct tape..."

[I particularly liked the "Duct Tape Bikini Competition" photos]

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

(just kidding about the bikini stuff)

The link on that page:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/www.avon...pefestival.com

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=4281539

... and folks...

* * * IT IS CALLED DUCK TAPE !!!!! * * *

Goddam it!

: )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

ACTUALLY, DUCK tape is a brand name of Duct tape.

--
Steve Barker

"Noozer" wrote in message

* * * IT IS CALLED DUCK TAPE !!!!! * * *

Goddam it!

: )

Duct tape and dust collection brianlanning Woodworking 8 November 27th 05 04:25 PM
Duct Sizing Steve Groulx Home Repair 11 October 13th 05 12:11 AM
Lee Valley duct tape: Red Green joke? _firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us Woodworking 39 January 29th 05 06:00 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
Duct vs Gaffa vs Duck tape Michael D UK diy 2 September 4th 03 04:38 PM