Posted to alt.home.repair
circle

Default pressure release valve

Can anyone tell me if the object in these pictures is a standard item
available in hardware stores and what it is called?

http://www.geocities.com/t5gtev/circle.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/t5gtev/slit.jpg

It is a circle of rubber 1 1/16 inches in diameter, 1/16 inch thick, with a
slit in the center 1/8 inch long . It is used as a pressure release valve in
these products:

http://www.oztops.com.au/store/products/item8.inetstore
http://ezcaps.juneau-alaska.us/

I am wondering if I can buy these at home depot or somewhere like that, and
I'd like to know what they are called, what department to look in etc in
case the person I ask in the store doesn't know.

Otherwise, does anyone know where I can buy a sheet of rubber 1/16 inch
thick?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"circle" wrote in message

I am wondering if I can buy these at home depot or somewhere like that,
and
I'd like to know what they are called, what department to look in etc in
case the person I ask in the store doesn't know.

I've never seen them. Maybe a brew shop would have them?

Pardon Lottery jim rozen Metalworking 37 April 12th 06 05:34 AM
Regulator pressure increases over time - why?? David Home Repair 10 October 26th 04 01:16 AM
Fault in combi boiler's pressure guage, and/or pressure-relief valve? DaveŁ UK diy 14 October 19th 04 08:29 PM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Ownership 6 June 28th 04 02:13 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM