Posted to alt.home.repair
al

Default Which comes first, the windows or the paint?

Getting ready to paint my house and getting quotes for replacement
windows. Should I paint or do the windows first?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"al" wrote in message
ups.com...
Getting ready to paint my house and getting quotes for replacement
windows. Should I paint or do the windows first?

Maybe both. Paint now and come back and touch up later. Otherwise, put the
windows in first.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Moisés Nacio

"al" wrote
Getting ready to paint my house and getting quotes for replacement
windows. Should I paint or do the windows first?

One thought if you paint after the windows are in. Be sure to remove the
screens of your windows. Even pros sometimes have accidents, removing paint
from screens can sometimes be virtually impossible.

Posted to alt.home.repair
al

Moisés Nacio wrote:
"al" wrote
Getting ready to paint my house and getting quotes for replacement
windows. Should I paint or do the windows first?

One thought if you paint after the windows are in. Be sure to remove the
screens of your windows. Even pros sometimes have accidents, removing paint
from screens can sometimes be virtually impossible.

Yes, not really being a DIY kind of a guy, this is why I was thinking
of painting first unless there was a real good reason not to. So that
I wouldn't end up painting the windows or some part there of !

Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 18 Jun 2006 11:05:18 -0700, "al" wrote:

Moisés Nacio wrote:
"al" wrote
Getting ready to paint my house and getting quotes for replacement
windows. Should I paint or do the windows first?

One thought if you paint after the windows are in. Be sure to remove the
screens of your windows. Even pros sometimes have accidents, removing paint
from screens can sometimes be virtually impossible.

Yes, not really being a DIY kind of a guy, this is why I was thinking
of painting first unless there was a real good reason not to. So that
I wouldn't end up painting the windows or some part there of !

If I had new windows, even the slightest line of paint on the edge,
even that couldn't be seen by anyone from the ground, even a very
straight line, would bother me.

And the only windows I've seen replaced are my next door neighbor's.
Becasue of the way the sliding windows in this '79 townhouse are
mounted, they didn't do any damage to the paint. Afaict.

They did form these rectangular tubes above and below the windows,
that I'm not sure I like. If I thought they were substantial, I'd
consider them an architectural feature, but my personality is such
that since I know they were just bent from sheet aluminum, and are
hollow, they seem silly.

Although they make the windows a prominent feature, and not almost a
non-feature like the original windows. I guess they are meant to
resemble windows sills and the thing at the top that the house I was
born into had. So for everyone else who doesn't know or doesn't care
what they are made of, maybe it does resemble that. I only see them
when I'm coming home so I have't made up my mind.

Thanks...

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 09:02 AM
Is tinted primer + one coat of paint enough for repainting walls? [email protected] Home Repair 49 June 9th 06 11:16 AM
Painting horror - interior wall. Steven L Umbach Home Repair 26 September 1st 05 08:39 PM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 08:28 PM
exterior paint adhering or not? Gary C Home Repair 3 November 2nd 03 11:57 AM