Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man

Default Bath faucets: restricted water flow

Hi,

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest, built in '54,
original (copper) bath plumbing.

Very recently I notice severely restricted water pressure from
the bath wash basin. Only one output spout. Very little water
flow from either hot or cold. Doesn't seem to increase when
I open both.

I replaced the washers some months ago. Last week the screw
and washer on the cold side came loose. I fished the screw
and washer out, checked for blockage, replaced the screw.
It was after that that the restricted flow became very
noticeable.

Water flow in all other parts of the house is fine.

What commonly causes such a problem?

TIA,
Puddin'
Posted to alt.home.repair
mike

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

Hi,

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest, built in '54,
original (copper) bath plumbing.

Very recently I notice severely restricted water pressure from
the bath wash basin. Only one output spout. Very little water
flow from either hot or cold. Doesn't seem to increase when
I open both.

I replaced the washers some months ago. Last week the screw
and washer on the cold side came loose. I fished the screw
and washer out, checked for blockage, replaced the screw.
It was after that that the restricted flow became very
noticeable.

Water flow in all other parts of the house is fine.

What commonly causes such a problem?

TIA,
Puddin'

I had the same problem do you have a shower too? I have a Chicago faucet
from the water
supply a small piece of washer logged where the hot and cold water mixed how
the plumber
fixed this was. Attached the water flow and from the spicket where the
water comes out
took the shower head off then the washer that was plugging the water flow
come out and the
pressure was back to normal.

hope that helped

mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:46:07 -0400, "mike" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

Hi,

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest, built in '54,
original (copper) bath plumbing.

Very recently I notice severely restricted water pressure from
the bath wash basin. Only one output spout. Very little water
flow from either hot or cold. Doesn't seem to increase when
I open both.

I replaced the washers some months ago. Last week the screw
and washer on the cold side came loose. I fished the screw
and washer out, checked for blockage, replaced the screw.
It was after that that the restricted flow became very
noticeable.

Water flow in all other parts of the house is fine.

What commonly causes such a problem?

TIA,
Puddin'

I had the same problem do you have a shower too?

Sure.

I have a Chicago faucet
from the water
supply a small piece of washer logged where the hot and cold water mixed

OK ...

how
the plumber
fixed this was. Attached the water flow and from the spicket where the
water comes out
took the shower head off then the washer that was plugging the water flow
come out and the
pressure was back to normal.

Hmmmm. You might've lost po' me.

You mean he connected, say, a hose from the shower fixture to the
spout on the wash basin, used the water pressure from the shower
to clear an obstruction in the wash basin spout?

hope that helped

A bit more explanation/detail might be helpful.

Thanks,
Puddin'
Posted to alt.home.repair
mike

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:46:07 -0400, "mike" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Sorry that I was not too clear, try this

take the spout off your tub take off your shower head connect the water
supply from your sink
to where the spout was then turn on the water from your skink see if it will
push out what ever
is blocking your tub.

that's what the plumber did for me and it worked.

mike