Attaching a vinyl fence on an angle

Old June 16th 06, 02:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attaching a vinyl fence on an angle

Hi.

What's the best way to attach a vinyl fence on an angle? I need to
attach the panel to the post at about a 30 degree angle. Any thoughts?

Thanks much...

Old June 16th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

dave wrote:
Hi.

What's the best way to attach a vinyl fence on an angle? I need to
attach the panel to the post at about a 30 degree angle. Any thoughts?

Thanks much...

Depends on the fence system and how it is mounted to the post. If it
is a simple angle bracket then you would just cut the rail at the
appropriate angle. If it is the kind that use a *socket* screwed to
the post you should see if the manufacturer has angled sockets or posts
(a six sided post should solve your problem). You may also want to try
turning the post to split the difference between the two rails.

Is the angle 30 degrees or 120 degrees? Manufacturer? Style?

Old June 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Jun 2006 05:29:20 -0700, "dave" wrote:

Hi.

What's the best way to attach a vinyl fence on an angle? I need to
attach the panel to the post at about a 30 degree angle. Any thoughts?

Thanks much...

30 degrees of roll, pitch , or yaw?
Old June 18th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.home.repair

dave wrote:
Hi.

What's the best way to attach a vinyl fence on an angle? I need to
attach the panel to the post at about a 30 degree angle. Any thoughts?

Thanks much...

Cut the rail at a 30 angle then use long screws through the angle to
attach it to the post. That's how I did it on two ends and one corner. I
filled the hollow rails with 2x3s which kept the cut ends from
compressing from the screws. Stick the wood filler into the rail before
cutting the angle.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old June 20th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Did you do anything to secure the 2X3 such as glue or just place it
there? Thanks.

willshak wrote:
dave wrote:
Hi.

What's the best way to attach a vinyl fence on an angle? I need to
attach the panel to the post at about a 30 degree angle. Any thoughts?

Thanks much...

Cut the rail at a 30 angle then use long screws through the angle to
attach it to the post. That's how I did it on two ends and one corner. I
filled the hollow rails with 2x3s which kept the cut ends from
compressing from the screws. Stick the wood filler into the rail before
cutting the angle.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
To Email, remove the double zeroes after 'at'

Installing a vinyl fence David DeBoer Home Repair 10 June 13th 06 04:52 AM
Cutting a vinyl fence davex1001 Home Repair 5 June 9th 06 06:39 PM
Which Fence rockfish Woodworking 10 February 2nd 06 05:46 PM
LV jointer plane fence is too tall for me David Woodworking 0 December 3rd 05 09:16 PM
De plane has arrived! David Woodworking 7 November 15th 05 03:29 AM