Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona

Default 3 panes windows

I just had them installed and to be honest its hard to see 3 panels. Is
there a way to verify this? I hate to think that the contractor may of
put something over me and gave me the double pan.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Do you have 2 glass spacers, wait till dark and look at an angle at
lights outside, it will be evident eventualy with trying, 3 images.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Do you have 2 glass spacers, wait till dark and look at an angle at
lights outside, it will be evident eventualy with trying, 3 images.

are there markings etched into the corner of the window, some do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimi

"Anthona" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just had them installed and to be honest its hard to see 3 panels. Is
there a way to verify this? I hate to think that the contractor may of
put something over me and gave me the double pan.

Yes, take a lighter and light it in front of the window....count the
number of flames you see and that is how many panes you have. (saw a window
guy do this and was pretty impressed)

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona

Jimi wrote:
"Anthona" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just had them installed and to be honest its hard to see 3 panels. Is
there a way to verify this? I hate to think that the contractor may of
put something over me and gave me the double pan.

Yes, take a lighter and light it in front of the window....count the
number of flames you see and that is how many panes you have. (saw a window
guy do this and was pretty impressed)

Jim

Thanks Jim, it worked and I was also impressed. Yes, I saw 3 flames.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
warranty question: double-pane windows with moisture between the panes Jack Home Repair 15 November 19th 05 05:04 PM
warranty question: double-pane windows with moisture between the panes Jack Home Ownership 10 November 19th 05 05:04 PM
LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM