Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dead body in my attic

I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Larry
Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnR66

wrote in message
news
I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Larry

Since your wife vanished I would definitely say it is not her.
TrollFeeder

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"JohnR66" wrote:

wrote in message
news
I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Larry

Since your wife vanished I would definitely say it is not her.
TrollFeeder

You should not have replied to this obviously off-topic message. You
should have sent the OP to one of the CSI newsgroups...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

Lets see, after two years laying in the heat of summer and cold of winter, I
don't think there would be much of a smell by now, you would have noticed it
in the first stages of decomp. If there is only a skeleton then you really
wouldn't be smelling much either.

Trolllllllll

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:29:07 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

Lets see, after two years laying in the heat of summer and cold of winter, I
don't think there would be much of a smell by now, you would have noticed it
in the first stages of decomp. If there is only a skeleton then you really
wouldn't be smelling much either.

Absolutely.

Trolllllllll

Not too many people would bring this story to this ng if it were true.

But I should say that a a few months after I bought my house I went up
in the attic and found two bodies. I was really surprised and wasn't
sure at first what I had found because they were almost entirely
covered by the pink fiberglass insulation. Only their beaks were
sticking out. Eventually I concluded that they got in where the
soffit vent screen had come away from the wood frame, but couldn't
find their way yout.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector

"mm" wrote in message
[...]

Only their "beaks" sticking out, you mean you found 2 squid in your attic?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

We get dead bodies in the cabin all the time. We only use the cabin in
the fall and winter, so what ever has crawled,slithered or climbed in over
the summer and has gotten trapped is usually still there by the time we get
up there. We've found coons, rattlesnakes and many many birds. Even a dead
deer up against the back door one year. It really hard to seal the cabin
from everything, they (the critters) chew through the vents some come down
the chimney pipe (stove removed after we leave for the season). Sometime the
windows get busted out from occasional vandals. Its tough trying keep a
cabin safe from everything when its 50 miles into the wilds and your 250
miles away. We never leave anything of value or food stuffs, cept for the
whole cooler full of food we left one year, didn't realize until we were
home that we were missing something!!! We do have a locked gennerator/well
shed that we keep very secure and have extra window glass and building
supplies in, that way we never have to run into town to fix something so we
can stay.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:06:43 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

Not too many people would bring this story to this ng if it were true.

But I should say that a a few months after I bought my house I went up
in the attic and found two bodies. I was really surprised and wasn't
sure at first what I had found because they were almost entirely
covered by the pink fiberglass insulation. Only their beaks were
sticking out. Eventually I concluded that they got in where the
soffit vent screen had come away from the wood frame, but couldn't
find their way yout.

Searcher

Only their "beaks" sticking out, you mean you found 2 squid in your attic?

I got distracted and didn't finish the story. :-) Nah, they were just
birds. They must have been desicated, but with the feathers, they
looked about normal. If they had been pretty birds, I might have
tried to do something with them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Tiberio

wrote in message
news
I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Larry

First you should check to make sure it isn't your own skeleton.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Jim Tiberio wrote:
wrote in message
news
I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Hmmm. Could be a problem if you ever try to sell this house, and the
buyer's home inspector checks under the skeleton and finds those bare
wires.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams

wrote:

I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad
odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the
floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box
with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of
them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has
been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife
hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she
mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and
that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

A skeleton with no clothing means a naked person went up into
your attic and got electrocuted. The only reason a naked person
goes anywhere is to get laid. So someone went to the attic to
get laid and got fried instead.

It's better than even money that it is your wife. The good news
is you can collect the insurance money. The bad news is you is
da prime suspect. Get a lawyer ASAP and try to concoct a great
story.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jtees4

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:29:07 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

Lets see, after two years laying in the heat of summer and cold of winter, I
don't think there would be much of a smell by now, you would have noticed it
in the first stages of decomp. If there is only a skeleton then you really
wouldn't be smelling much either.

Trolllllllll

Searcher

He left out that he was farting at the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair
jtees4

A skeleton with no clothing means a naked person went up into
your attic and got electrocuted.

You should be a detective...I didn't even think of that and I bet most
folks didn't.