Posted to alt.home.repair
yaofeng

Default Wood finish

What is the secret to finishing hard wood floors and furniture to a
mirror like shine with glossy clear polyeurathane? I use a lamb wool
applicator but could never get the tiny bumps out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Recoating and sanding inbetween coats is the usual way, clean it then
use a tack cloth and keep windows and air off till it is not tacky, for
the best you need a buildup, maybe 6 coats then sand with maybe 1200 and
buff out with polishing compound.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

yaofeng wrote:
What is the secret to finishing hard wood floors and furniture to a
mirror like shine with glossy clear polyeurathane? I use a lamb wool
applicator but could never get the tiny bumps out.

Bumps are either dust or bubbles. Likely dust. Or both. Lightly sand
between coats. and clean, clean clean before next coat. (Tack cloth)

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Sanding to 440 rather than just 220 grit helps but the real trick is getting
the area super clean before applying the finish.

Several vacuumings, Compressed air blowouts, tack cloth and closed windows
with still air all help.

After that, stir the finish slowly and avoid dipping the applicator in such
a way as to produce bubbles.

oups.com...