Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Renewal by Andersen

Need help deciding between choices for replacement windows for my 25
year old aluminum windows. There are five large (5'x6') and two
picture (3'x6') windows and two sliding patio doors, for which Renewal
by Andersen has quoted $18K (installed, all inclusive). Other quotes
for vinyl windows range from $6K to $9K and $13K for the best windows
at Lowes. Is the Andersen price justified?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Martik

wrote in message
oups.com...
Need help deciding between choices for replacement windows for my 25
year old aluminum windows. There are five large (5'x6') and two
picture (3'x6') windows and two sliding patio doors, for which Renewal
by Andersen has quoted $18K (installed, all inclusive). Other quotes
for vinyl windows range from $6K to $9K and $13K for the best windows
at Lowes. Is the Andersen price justified?

Thanks in advance.

I would say not!

I just finished replacing my 13 windows with Jeld-wen low-e argon for
approx $2500. They have a lifetime warranty.
http://jeld-wen.com/

Total cost for your windows would be approx $2900 (5x300, 2x200, 2x500), at
Home Depot which I believe installs for a fair price.

It is not difficult to install windows yourself plus a little help with
lifting into place. Do you have siding, stucco?

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

You need to learn about their ratings and how they compare Consumer
Reports has an old test done of apx 23 windows, www.energystar.gov
will help. Just an example there are 2 or three types of LowE coatings
avalaible, depending on your area will determine what you need, Southern
areas usualy want to block as much solar increase as they can. You need
to know all the ratings to compare them. Anderson is a good product, but
there are others.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Also check www.pella.com

I have andersen vinyl clad windows and pella aluminum clad windows. On the
south side of the house the vinyl has gotten slightly yellowed and stiff. I
would go all Pella aluminum clad next time. Forget wood.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Need help deciding between choices for replacement windows for my 25
year old aluminum windows. There are five large (5'x6') and two
picture (3'x6') windows and two sliding patio doors, for which Renewal
by Andersen has quoted $18K (installed, all inclusive). Other quotes
for vinyl windows range from $6K to $9K and $13K for the best windows
at Lowes. Is the Andersen price justified?

Thanks in advance.

Renewal By Andersen Gary K. Home Repair 11 October 17th 06 02:15 PM
Andersen vinyl windows Art Home Repair 4 February 22nd 06 04:19 AM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Andersen casement window questions Al Cunniff Home Repair 1 August 31st 04 06:47 AM
Pella vs Andersen Windows and installation Walter Cohen Home Repair 32 July 27th 04 12:35 PM