Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default removed wall paper and drywall paper came off with it

When you are done tearing up the wall, you will need to skim coat it with
drywall mud then prime before you put any paint or new wallpaper up. If you
do the whole wall it will look best but you might get away with spot
repairs.

Leave what you can of the drywall paper in place, sand the ugliest spots
before skim coating. If you pull it off, the gypsum will crumble and make a
real mess.

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems
that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off
with
most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do
use something to cover/make level where it did come off?

THANKS!

Kim Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott

I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems
that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off with
most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do I
use something to cover/make level where it did come off?

THANKS!

Kim Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems
that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off

with
most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do

use something to cover/make level where it did come off?

Skimcoat, replace drywall, or add a layer of 3/8" drywall to cover.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems
that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off
with
most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do
use something to cover/make level where it did come off?

THANKS!

Kim Scott

Two things happened. Either you didn't wait until the glue had wetted
enough with water, or the installer used a glue that doesn't reconstitute
very well with water.

No matter. That brings us to today.

Texture the wall. You can cover up a lot of sins with 5# of texture.
Drywall mud or spackle the big divots. Sand a little to knock down the high
spots.

Steve