Posted to alt.home.repair
ddvanrooy

Default Salvaging old wooden floors

Hi All.

I have a 80 year old house with Oregan pine wooden floors. In many
areas the wood is infested with bugs, but some areas appears to be
still good. I'm planning to replace the floors in some rooms with new
pine flooring, but would like to salvage the good wood and use it in
the main living area, where the floor is quite badly damaged.

Obviously I need to rid of the bugs or else the problem will just
continue.

Any ideas on how to best approach this problem ??

Thanx

DD

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb

ddvanrooy wrote:
I have a 80 year old house with Oregan pine wooden floors. In many
areas the wood is infested with bugs, ...
Obviously I need to rid of the bugs or else the problem will just
continue.

,,,

How depends in large part on what the "bugs" actually are...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On 22 Jun 2006 10:23:42 -0700, "ddvanrooy"
wrote:

Hi All.

I have a 80 year old house with Oregan pine wooden floors. In many
areas the wood is infested with bugs, but some areas appears to be
still good. I'm planning to replace the floors in some rooms with new
pine flooring, but would like to salvage the good wood and use it in
the main living area, where the floor is quite badly damaged.

Obviously I need to rid of the bugs or else the problem will just
continue.

Any ideas on how to best approach this problem ??

If it's not tounge and groove, then:
Pull all the flooring, sort out what's salvagable, and
dip it an a dip-tank of tim-bor, or bora-care, or whatever
the product is that's designed for that.

Wooden floors John Carlyle-Clarke UK diy 14 June 20th 06 11:04 PM
Tiling on wooden floors Tim Smith UK diy 28 July 31st 05 09:28 AM
Wooden Floors andrewpreece UK diy 6 November 18th 04 12:03 AM
Wooden Floors across different subfloors sg UK diy 2 June 30th 04 03:44 PM
Protecting Laminate and Wooden Floors Stuart UK diy 0 February 24th 04 02:16 PM