Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace AC condenser coil

Hi --

I have around 6 years old AC unit (i think it is made by carrier). For
past couple of years, Freon is leaking from the unit. I called a repair
person and he said, Condenser Coil is leaking. He even tried to fix and
said he can't fix the hole. I have two options now.

Either replace the coil (He quoted $950) or replace the unit (could
cost more than $3,000).
Since the unit is around 6 years old, he is recommending me to replace
the unit rather than replaceing the coil.

Not sure how long these AC units typically will run and debating
between replacing coil vs unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Not sure how long these AC units typically will run and debating
between replacing coil vs unit.

In a 6-year-old unit, if it is otherwise sound, and you have a good
technician, and a fair price, replace the coil. See this current thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...fd139db2a436d/