Posted to alt.home.repair
jimleong

Default Obscuring Store Window During Renovations

I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a
white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a
white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

its a kinda spray paint, and can be removed with mineral spirits when
your done

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

jimleong wrote in message
.com...
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a
white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

I think it's Glass Wax, which removes easily.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On 11 Jun 2006 07:54:30 -0700, "jimleong" wrote:

I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a
white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

White shoe polish (like Lust married on car windows)?

Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen
a white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

People used to use a cake of Bon Ami. It just wipes off.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen
a white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

I suggest the GlassWax or BonAmi suggestions as both are glass cleaners
and you get a clean window when you are done.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frankly I think some BIG COMING SOON A ALL NEW AND IMPROVED XXXXX

Sign may be more useful than plain old white wash.

People will be walking by and looking use the opportunity to get them
thinking of what wonderful junk they will be buying from your store

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"HeyBub" wrote in message
jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen
a white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

Butcher paper?

Around here, people just go down to the newspaper, and buy stub rolls of
newsprint, and use that and painter's tape. Of course, for the rich stores
out at the mall, they keep a stock of pre-made panels sitting out back
(lotsa turnover) and build a temporary wall, painted all pretty, several
feet out from the glass. (They make them change it all between tenants, and
even make long term tenants change their frontage every X years. And they
wonder why they are half-vacant the last few years?)

Don't make it complicated- use whatever is cheap and convenient. Any
particular reason you don't want the customers watching, and getting curious
and anxious for opening day? Or is this something other than a store?

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Hard

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:56:50 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen
a white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

Butcher paper?

Bed sheets, blankets, old drapes from a second hand store.... Cheap,
easy to remove....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Hard

On 11 Jun 2006 12:53:40 -0700, "
wrote:

Frankly I think some BIG COMING SOON A ALL NEW AND IMPROVED XXXXX

Sign may be more useful than plain old white wash.

People will be walking by and looking use the opportunity to get them
thinking of what wonderful junk they will be buying from your store

Actually, if this was my store, I'd put an almost naked woman in the
window, waving at people, with a sign that says "Coming Soon" over her
naked breasts.....
People will be waiting in line for the store to open....

Posted to alt.home.repair

jimleong wrote:
I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a
white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent
barrier on the window.

Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?

THANK YOU.

Aluminum Foil.... I still see this on some peoples houses. Man,
thats bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I vote for a swim suit model! In stilettos Perhaps add a good looking
guy for the gals?