Posted to alt.home.repair
landshrk4

Default Clothes Dryer not starting

I have a Whirpool Dryer and it will not start. This happen suddenly
with no prior issues. I have checked the breaker and the incoming
electric and there are no problems there. Can anyone tell me where I
should begin my troubleshooting? I am not familiar with how a dryer
works but can repair if assisted with instructions. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

landshrk4 wrote:
I have a Whirpool Dryer and it will not start. This happen suddenly
with no prior issues. I have checked the breaker and the incoming
electric and there are no problems there. Can anyone tell me where I
should begin my troubleshooting? I am not familiar with how a dryer
works but can repair if assisted with instructions. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

breaker tripped? power at outlet? 240 volts? is it a electric dryer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

bad door switch?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"landshrk4" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Whirpool Dryer and it will not start. This happen suddenly
with no prior issues. I have checked the breaker and the incoming
electric and there are no problems there. Can anyone tell me where I
should begin my troubleshooting? I am not familiar with how a dryer
works but can repair if assisted with instructions. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Could be controls, door switch, or a sensor of some sort. Try some
troubleshooting at www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceaid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

wrote in message
oups.com...
bad door switch?

thermal overload burned??

Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

"landshrk4" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where I should begin my troubleshooting? I am not

familiar with how a dryer
works but can repair if assisted with instructions.

You do not even say if this is gas or electric, although the interlocks are
similar on both models.

Pull the front bottom panel off and you should find an electric schematic
diagram pasted there. Most dryers have them.
If you do not find a schematic for your specific unit, it may be difficult
to troubleshoot, but there are only so many variations, so get one from you
neighbor or friend and it'll give you an idea where the interlocks
(switches) are in the ckt.

This will be your map for troubleshooting. Need at least VOM. If you do
not know what VOM is, get a friend to who has one to help you. Suspect the
problem is simple, such as door switch, as others have said.

RichK

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

landshrk4 wrote:
I have a Whirpool Dryer and it will not start. This happen suddenly
with no prior issues. I have checked the breaker and the incoming
electric and there are no problems there. Can anyone tell me where I
should begin my troubleshooting? I am not familiar with how a dryer
works but can repair if assisted with instructions. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Hi,

I have a Whirpool Dryer and it will not start

Model#?

I have checked the breaker and the incoming
electric and there are no problems there

What where the readings/finding?

Can anyone tell me where I
should begin my troubleshooting?

Some common trouble makers....s copy:

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?

A - Common problems...blown house fuse/tripped breaker ( electric
dryers need 2 )...loose white/neutral wire...broken belt ( on some
models only )...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open (
venting needs attention )...broken or burnt
wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch (
especially the ones with a built in relay switch )

* If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the
venting system and vent hood first

Jeff

Great name

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

clothes dryer - noises and increased drying time [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 6th 06 01:57 AM
Clothes dryer noises sdb Home Repair 6 January 5th 06 01:40 AM
Home clothes dryer vent lets cold in Dugie Home Repair 12 December 19th 05 07:08 AM
Electric clothes dryer Jim Home Repair 2 August 8th 05 12:11 AM
Clothes dryer making noise FREAKING FLAMER!!!!!!!!! Jim & Lil Home Repair 1 March 9th 04 03:34 AM