Posted to alt.home.repair
al

Default Prepping house for painting

What should I use to smooth out fascia boards where loose and peeling
paint has been scraped off and to fill shallow cracks in the wood? Is
one filler or putty better than another?

I also need to recaulk in some areas where soffits meet the house wall
(cement block) and wonder if "elastomeric" caulk would be good for that
or if there's something more suitable.

And last (for the moment anyway), there are a couple of thin
stair-step cracks in the block wall that I'd like to fill or cover and
am thinking of elastomeric filler for that also. Again, would that be
a good choice or what else would be recommended?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help.

House sale lynd UK diy 14 March 11th 06 06:40 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM