Posted to alt.home.repair
CJ

Default New Rubber flapper goes right down after releasing handle for flushing

My old rubber flapper was leaking into the bowl so I replaced it with a
new identical flapper. The leaking into the bowl problem has been
solved but the new rubber flapper goes right down after releasing
flushing handle. The rubber flapper has a circular piece connected to
it that fits over the valve in the tank.

Any ideas of on how to correct this?

CP

Posted to alt.home.repair
Trajen

I had the same problem....
Check to see if it has a 3/8 in. hole on the side of the flapper. If it
does, replace it with one without the hole.