Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius

Default Low Output Pressure on Generac Pressure Washer

I have a 2300PSI Generac Pressure Washer powered by a 6 HP Tecumseh. The
water coming out doesn't have much more pressure then a garden hose. I
thought it was due to a dirty nozzle so I used the nozzle cleaner kit
but that did not improve the pressure.

I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the spray gun or are
there other places I should look for an obstruction?
Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

What model do you have?

http://www.generac-portables.com/ser...ch_results.cfm

Assuming you go through the checks in the manual, check to see if the pump
is turning with the motor. If the key broke, the motor could spin free
without turning the pump.

Or else call the number on the front page of the manual for someone who
actually should know the answer.

"Arnie Goetchius" wrote in message
I have a 2300PSI Generac Pressure Washer powered by a 6 HP Tecumseh. The
water coming out doesn't have much more pressure then a garden hose. I
thought it was due to a dirty nozzle so I used the nozzle cleaner kit but
that did not improve the pressure.

I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the spray gun or are there
other places I should look for an obstruction?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Is this the first use of the season? Could water have frozen in it over
winter? That would kill the pump.

"Arnie Goetchius" wrote in message
I have a 2300PSI Generac Pressure Washer powered by a 6 HP Tecumseh. The
water coming out doesn't have much more pressure then a garden hose. I
thought it was due to a dirty nozzle so I used the nozzle cleaner kit but
that did not improve the pressure.

I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the spray gun or are there
other places I should look for an obstruction?

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Nozzle cleaner kit? try a different nozzle. Is garden hose putting 3-5
gpm, is screen inlet filter clean, is oil in the pump. Does water come
out fast without nozzle, is motor working good-hard, , govenor kicks in.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius

m Ransley wrote:
Nozzle cleaner kit? try a different nozzle. Is garden hose putting 3-5
gpm, is screen inlet filter clean, is oil in the pump. Does water come
out fast without nozzle, is motor working good-hard, , govenor kicks in.

Motor is working hard but water doesn't come out very fast with or
without the nozzle. It may be a dirty screen inlet filter. Will check
that tomorrow.