Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kulpa

Default Removing Liquid Nails from an aggragate patio

Sigh, it never ends - does it?

When we moved into our new house, there were two 'things' on the patio,
made from D-shaped landscaping blocks from Lowes. One was a
cylinder-shaped thing filled w/ dirt and plants, the other was oval w/
a goldfish pond in it. Neither were appealing to us so I removed them.
Well, not only were the blocks glued together (with Liquid Nails), but
they glued the bottom row to the aggragate (pea gravel) patio!!!! I
had to pry the blocks free w/ a wrecking bar and now I have blobs of
glue remaining.

Before I start picking it out w/ a screw driver, is there any easy way
to remove or dissolve Scott's Liquid Nails? Some solvent or something
to soften it up? I was thinking of freezing it with upside down cans
of dusting air, then chipping it out, but that would take many many
cans. I've used this technique to remove adhesive-backed stuff before.

Here are a couple pictures shot from the deck so you can see what I
mean:
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/temp/patio1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/temp/patio2.jpg

any suggestions?
thanks,
steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Steve Kulpa wrote:
snip
Before I start picking it out w/ a screw driver, is there any easy way
to remove or dissolve Scott's Liquid Nails?

snip more

Try Acetone or this stuff:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-103697.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kulpa

Gee, Liquid Nails Remover!!!

Thanks Ray, have you yourself tried it?

steve

RayV wrote:

Try Acetone or this stuff:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-103697.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

Try Acetone or this stuff:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...lk-removers/li...

Wow, that stuff looks pretty cool. I never knew something like this
existed. Last time I had to remove Liquid Nails I just chipped off as much
as possible. Since it was holding a mirror on drywall I then remudded over
the whole area and floated it all level. But this remover stuff looks
promising.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

I just ordered some, so we'll see!

steve

I'm really curious, could you come back to the newsgroup and report how
well it worked? This kind of a remover could come in handy in numerous
situations if it is effective. My arms get tired from chipping anyway.

Mike