Posted to alt.home.repair
skarsan

Default air conditioning

I bought a ait conditioner from Home Depot yesterday I took it home
tried it out and returned it. It made my power go out 2 times .I got my
money back. The salesperson told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
skarsan

Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.
Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

skarsan wrote:

Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs
to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead
of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a window.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The
salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs
to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead
of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a
window.

I'm wondering if the OP is a troll or a complete know nothing. AC window
units are commonly referred to as "room" airconditioners as they cool one
room, not and entire house like "central" air. Even "central" air can be
located on one end of the house

Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
[...]

Considering his grammar I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for
the moment, my assumption is that he is not a native speaker of English and
is having trouble dealing with that kind of ambiguity in the language.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Posted to alt.home.repair
karsan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
[...]

I would like to learn about home repair I am new at this.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"karsan" wrote in message
I would like to learn about home repair I am new at this.

Perhaps I'm assuming too much, but since window, or room, air conditioners
have been around since the 1950's or so, most everyone knows they have to be
vented to the outside. If you come from Greenland, you may not be aware.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"karsan" wrote in message
I was not aware and the salesperson did not tell me that ac needed to
vented from outside. Thanks for the information. How can I vent the ac
from outside?

Mount it in the window

Water Conditioning, Inc. [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 19th 05 05:23 PM
DIY Air conditioning - some information! Al UK diy 10 May 9th 05 04:06 PM
Air conditioning Hugh UK diy 139 April 14th 05 04:55 PM
Air Conditioning Problem? WORSS Home Repair 13 September 8th 04 07:27 PM
Consumer unit and air conditioning Alex H UK diy 2 February 9th 04 08:55 PM