Posted to alt.home.repair
Blackadder III

Default Shingling over a Gambrel Shed Roof?

Hello,

I want to re-shingle my barn (small, 10x8) with a gambrel roof.
However, when the former owner had it done, the portion of the roof
where the shingles overlapped the "gambrel" part, he taked them down
with big staples, as opped to using nails, which rusted pretty quickly.

What I am wondering, is there any best way of tacking down the
shingles that go up and over the angle where the two portions of the
gambrel roof meet? It doesn't seem like there is really any good way...

Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Blackadder III" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I want to re-shingle my barn (small, 10x8) with a gambrel roof.
However, when the former owner had it done, the portion of the roof
where the shingles overlapped the "gambrel" part, he taked them down
with big staples, as opped to using nails, which rusted pretty quickly.

What I am wondering, is there any best way of tacking down the
shingles that go up and over the angle where the two portions of the
gambrel roof meet? It doesn't seem like there is really any good way...

Thanks...

A good warm day, pliant shingles, some roof cement on the lower portion,
lots of nails on the upper portion and do you think a second starter course
to cover those nails might work?

It is either that or flashing.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Blackadder III

Colbyt wrote:
[...]

At this point, I am going to down the flashing road. Also, A lot of
cement to hold down the edges of the upper shingle.

Thanks for your input

Posted to alt.home.repair

Blackadder III wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
[...]

i would use the sticky rubber membrame, espically if the roof is chip
board.

chip board disengrates if wet