Posted to alt.home.repair
Fire & Ice

Default washing machine trips breaker

In the past 6 months or so my washing machine will fill up with water and as
soon as it starts the wash cycle/agitate, the breaker trips and it takes
about 10 minutes of flipping on and off to get it to start working again.
It doesn't happen every time I wash clothes but usually about once every 3-4
cycles. It only started after the dogears (?) were replaced. I know some
of you must know what may be the cause of this.
Thanks

--
~Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Fire & Ice wrote:

In the past 6 months or so my washing machine will fill up with water and as
soon as it starts the wash cycle/agitate, the breaker trips and it takes
about 10 minutes of flipping on and off to get it to start working again.
It doesn't happen every time I wash clothes but usually about once every 3-4
cycles. It only started after the dogears (?) were replaced. I know some
of you must know what may be the cause of this.
Thanks

Hi,
Motor is overloinged or going bad. It has built in thermal breaker.
Until it cools off and resets, you can flip the breaker on/off which
won't do anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Fire & Ice

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
Motor is overloinged or going bad. It has built in thermal breaker. Until
it cools off and resets, you can flip the breaker on/off which won't do
anything.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Maybe this is my chance to get my new
washer/dryer. =)

--
~Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.~

Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

"Fire & Ice" wrote in message

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Maybe this is my chance to get my

new
washer/dryer. =)

Have you considered a new motor? Why throw away the patient, when a smiple
tansplant will do?

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

RichK wrote:
"Fire & Ice" wrote in message
Thanks so much for your quick reply. Maybe this is my chance to get my

new
washer/dryer. =)

Have you considered a new motor? Why throw away the patient, when a smiple
tansplant will do?

You could try to find out why the motor is straining to turn the drum.
Maybe it will turn out to be lint in the bearings and all you need to
do is clean them. Or maybe something is rubbing on the drum (like the
sock monster).

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are two dog related parts that I can think of. Agitator dogs are
little cams that give ratchetiing action to the agitator auger. Or, a
wig-wag, so called because it moves back and forth, is an
electro-magnet that operates spin and agitation action in older belt
drive models. I can't imagine that either would cause your breaker to
flip. You could have a breaker problem. Have you considered that?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Fire & Ice

wrote in message
ups.com...
There are two dog related parts that I can think of. Agitator dogs are
little cams that give ratchetiing action to the agitator auger. Or, a
wig-wag, so called because it moves back and forth, is an
electro-magnet that operates spin and agitation action in older belt
drive models. I can't imagine that either would cause your breaker to
flip. You could have a breaker problem. Have you considered that?

This is an older house. Not sure exactly how old though, since we are
renting. When the problem first started I did think that maybe it was a
breaker.
I also noticed this evening when it happened again, whenever I flipped the
breaker back to turn it on, there were sparks in the breaker box. Don't feel
too secure with that going on. Not sure if it has happened before since I
never really looked when flipping the switch.
When my husband comes home next weekend he will check them out.

Thanks for all the advice and responses.

--
~Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.~

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:24:16 -0500, "Fire & Ice"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are two dog related parts that I can think of. Agitator dogs are
little cams that give ratchetiing action to the agitator auger. Or, a
wig-wag, so called because it moves back and forth, is an
electro-magnet that operates spin and agitation action in older belt
drive models. I can't imagine that either would cause your breaker to
flip. You could have a breaker problem. Have you considered that?

This is an older house. Not sure exactly how old though, since we are
renting. When the problem first started I did think that maybe it was a
breaker.
I also noticed this evening when it happened again, whenever I flipped the
breaker back to turn it on, there were sparks in the breaker box. Don't feel

This is good. This means you should be able to put on a sound and
light show for your kids and their friends.

If not that, at least you've found one problem, maybe the only
problem.

too secure with that going on. Not sure if it has happened before since I
never really looked when flipping the switch.
When my husband comes home next weekend he will check them out.

You can go to the laundramat and see how the other half lives.

Thanks for all the advice and responses.

kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 04:24 PM
Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! [email protected] Home Repair 27 January 24th 06 06:24 AM
Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off! pcyljmb UK diy 5 January 6th 06 12:45 AM
Can I move Washing machine? Simon UK diy 8 November 23rd 05 06:05 PM
Zanussi washing machine trips mains (FL 1082) Jim UK diy 1 September 10th 03 11:42 PM