Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Morgan

Default Garage door torsion spring replacement

Noticed one side is broken, but common sense tells me I should have someone
replace both of them. System was installed in '92. Can anyone give me a
ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs (and probably
the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side to the pulleys
at the top of the door frame?

thanks,
Phil

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Probably just replace the 2 springs. About $150- $200 depending on where
you live. There are some crooks out there. Watch out for full page yellow
pages ads shouting $30 for service call. They will say you need every hinge
replaced at a price that could get you a new door. Around me, Wayne Dalton
repairs all brands and guarantees for a year. I had them fix a gear on an
opener once. 6 months later a spring broke on the same door. They only
charged me for the spring.... free labor because they had fixed the opener
6 months earlier. Can't beat that.

"Phil Morgan" wrote in message
Noticed one side is broken, but common sense tells me I should have
someone replace both of them. System was installed in '92. Can anyone
give me a ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs
(and probably the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side
to the pulleys at the top of the door frame?

thanks,
Phil

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Phil Morgan writes:

Can anyone give me a
ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs (and
probably the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side
to the pulleys at the top of the door frame?

http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair
barbarow

See http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/springs.htm

--

Support the Minutemen at:
http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/linktous.php
"Phil Morgan" wrote in message
Noticed one side is broken, but common sense tells me I should have
someone replace both of them. System was installed in '92. Can anyone
give me a ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs
(and probably the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side
to the pulleys at the top of the door frame?

thanks,
Phil

Posted to alt.home.repair

most service companiues today are charging something for travel because
of the cost of gasoline... try to fiond someone close by if you can

Mounting mailbox on a springy mount (like garage door spring) Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 January 25th 06 08:01 PM
Garage Door Spring Patch Home Repair 11 June 15th 05 12:35 PM
My shed & garage electricity supplies & earthing! Sparks UK diy 17 March 31st 05 09:25 PM
Wayne Dalton Torquemaster and iDrive self-Install (Long) Scott Home Repair 3 March 2nd 05 04:34 AM
Building an Extension (Garage and Block Selection) Andrew Welham UK diy 12 January 3rd 04 11:12 AM