Posted to alt.home.repair
Nospam

Default floorplan layout software?

Does anyone know of any software (hopefully freeware) that allows me to draw
a floor plan?

Regards,
Robert

Posted to alt.home.repair

No, but if you go to Ebay, to computers, to softweare, and search on
Floorplan, there's 61 pieces of software for sale at the moment. Looks
like you can get *something* for $10 incl shipping...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

Nospam wrote:
Does anyone know of any software (hopefully freeware) that allows me to draw
a floor plan?

Whatever you settle on, be sure it can export/import a design in EDIF or
some other standard format.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Stubby wrote:
Nospam wrote:
Does anyone know of any software (hopefully freeware) that allows me to draw
a floor plan?

Whatever you settle on, be sure it can export/import a design in EDIF or
some other standard format.

I agree with the substantial benefits of being able to port to a common
CAD file format, but EDIF isn't that common for CAD programs commonly
associated with construction and residential design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDIF
DWG, DXF are probably the two most common.

To the OP: if you Google freeware "floor plan" you'll find
something to suit your needs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnH

http://sketchup.google.com/

Free and much more versatile than any home design software I've used
(imsi, punch)

Get home design components here http://www.sketchup.com/?sid=38

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

JohnH wrote:
http://sketchup.google.com/

Free and much more versatile than any home design software I've used
(imsi, punch)

Get home design components here http://www.sketchup.com/?sid=38

I'll bite. How can I download the component libraries? I can see the
library preview screen but there's no "download" button. The program
itself came across just fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

"Stubby" wrote in message
JohnH wrote:
http://sketchup.google.com/

Free and much more versatile than any home design software I've used
(imsi, punch)

Get home design components here http://www.sketchup.com/?sid=38

I'll bite. How can I download the component libraries? I can see the
library preview screen but there's no "download" button. The program
itself came across just fine.

scroll down, the download links are at the bottom of the page

Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnH

You may also want to watch these great tutorials:

http://www.caddtutorialsonline.com/s...tutorials.html

It really is a fun program.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JohnH" wrote:

You may also want to watch these great tutorials:

http://www.caddtutorialsonline.com/s...tutorials.html

It really is a fun program.

yeah skecthup is very cool!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

This one used to be shareware. I don't know if it still runs
after the 30 days. http://www.homeplanpro.com/index.html

If you send me your email address I can send you the older
version.

fkozerski at comcast dot net.