Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default What's it called?

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button,
the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I
let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Steve B wrote:
I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button,
the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I
let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

Hi,
solenoid water valve? Like used on washing machines?(hot and cold water
inlet)
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

anti-bark collar search at:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...+collar&hl=en&

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

If you do get a solenoid valve, make sure to get one that operates on 12
volts, but in the real world, the anti bark collar would work better

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a
button, the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose.
When I let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut
off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find
one?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Denny

Yeah, what you will do is teach him that when he is hot or thirsty all
he has to do is bark...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

"Steve B" wrote in message

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a
button, the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose.
When I let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut
off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find
one?

Steve

Go to the lawn irrigation section of Home Depot or Lowes. They sell a
series of electrically operated solenoid valves that can be adapted to
garden hose use (normally attached to rigid PVC pipe)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Gammon wrote:

Go to the lawn irrigation section of Home Depot or Lowes. They sell a
series of electrically operated solenoid valves that can be adapted to
garden hose use (normally attached to rigid PVC pipe)

Or scrounge one from a discarded washing machine or dishwasher.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

A bark collar will be cheaper and much more effective.
I use electronic training collars for my dogs, It doesn't take long for them
to figure things out. I just got a new Yellow this week and already he knows
the yard boundaries.
Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:47:34 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button,
the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I
let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

I dunno, but you're gonna teach your dark to bark when he's thirsty.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Steve B" wrote in message
I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a
button, the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose.
When I let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut
off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find
one?

Steve

A "Sprinkler Valve" and some PVC pipe fittings. You can run it off a 12V
transformer or a car battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

wrote:

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric
current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button,
the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I
let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

Super Soak Oozinator Blaster

Sneak up on your opponents with a surprise bio-ooze attack! Just when
they think you're coming at 'em with water, you'll stick 'em with a
shot of icky bio-ooze. The Oozinator Blaster shoots out globs of the
gooey stuff, then gets 'em with water — a double blast attack that'll
keep your opponents on their toes and running during every "water"
fight.

Hit targets up to 35 feet away with a 27-ounce water-supply or up to
20 feet away with a 10-ounce bio-ooze capacity!
Includes a 10-ounce cartridge of bio-ooze

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...00000002375470

Oren
excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 18 May 2006 04:09:44 -0700, "Denny" wrote:

Yeah, what you will do is teach him that when he is hot or thirsty all
he has to do is bark...

Worked for me when I was little.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Steve B" wrote in message

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

Steve

Antifreeze in his water bowl will stop the barking. Sponges soaked in bacon
grease will also help.

Good luck.

what is it called? ron UK diy 14 April 4th 06 10:16 AM
What is this product called here Mark Trueman UK diy 10 March 14th 06 07:14 AM
What is the smallest size wood that can be called wood working? Jack Forbes Woodworking 8 January 15th 06 06:01 PM
Whats it called, how do I make on? Andrew VK3BFA Metalworking 15 December 2nd 05 11:24 PM
Whats this type of foundation called ? Sonbo Home Repair 2 December 1st 05 11:32 PM