Posted to alt.home.repair
necktie

Default Maytag side by side freezer drip

I have a question that is similar to one that has already been asked. I
have a Maytag side by side refrigerator - freezer. The unit is now six
years old. Ice is forming at the bottom of the freezer side and when it
gets thick enough to reach the door gasket it warms and melts causing a
puddle on the floor at the front of the freezer door. I do have an ice
maker and it seems that it's the probable cause. I lifted the ice lever
to stop making cubes but the ice still formed at the bottom of the
freezer. Any tips before I begin to pull it apart?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Nobody You'd Know wrote in message ...

I owned a Sears ColdSpot side by side for 30 yrs and didn't have the
first service call. It finally got to be too small for a growing
family, so we got rid of it and got the Maytag. The Maytag has had
6-7 service calls in the 6 years that I've owned it; and the Sears
service technician said that Maytags make up over half of their
service calls.

Never a Maytag again!

That really surprises me since I always thought Maytag was a very
dependable brand. I almost chose a Maytag gas cooktop, but after seeing
some of the complaints about Maytag appliances, I'm glad I didn't.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
necktie

I believe they are imported now in an effort to reduce cost and be
profitable. The service techs believe that had an impact on their
quality.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

necktie wrote:
I have a question that is similar to one that has already been asked. I
have a Maytag side by side refrigerator - freezer. The unit is now six
years old. Ice is forming at the bottom of the freezer side and when it
gets thick enough to reach the door gasket it warms and melts causing a
puddle on the floor at the front of the freezer door. I do have an ice
maker and it seems that it's the probable cause. I lifted the ice lever
to stop making cubes but the ice still formed at the bottom of the
freezer. Any tips before I begin to pull it apart?

Hi,

A clogged/restricted defrost drain might be suspect! If the defrost
water cannot go down the drain it will spill out inside the freezer
bottom on a SxS.

http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_leaking.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid