Posted to alt.home.repair

Default re-attach ceramic towel rod

I'm not sure what adhesive to use. I have ceramic towel bar, both
holders had come loose. It's the type where small squares about 2 in
by 2 in were cut in to the tile (one for each rod holder) and then the
lip of the holders were recessed into the holes. I have cleaned out
each of the holes, and the drywall behind looks dry and in good shape.
What product do I use to re-attach the holders, and how's the best
way to support it while it's drying / curing? Thanks in advance,
Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Newfie

Just use ordinary tile adhesive - thinset will do fine. Just allpy a
blob on the wall and push the support fixture in. The adhesive will
hold the fixture for you but to keep it straight and to further
support the holder after you apply the bar, use painters tape to secure
it to the wall until fully dry.

wrote:
I'm not sure what adhesive to use. I have ceramic towel bar, both
holders had come loose. It's the type where small squares about 2 in
by 2 in were cut in to the tile (one for each rod holder) and then the
lip of the holders were recessed into the holes. I have cleaned out
each of the holes, and the drywall behind looks dry and in good shape.
What product do I use to re-attach the holders, and how's the best
way to support it while it's drying / curing? Thanks in advance,
Steve

ceramic towel rack to ceramic wall dk Home Repair 8 December 11th 05 05:26 AM
Ceramic Floor Question Mat Home Repair 9 September 19th 05 09:38 PM
Is tungsten carbide ferrous? benwoodward.com Metalworking 37 February 11th 04 07:40 PM
Broken towel rack Jen Home Repair 7 December 30th 03 04:08 PM