Kenmore Refrigerator Thermostat Adjustment

Old May 14th 06, 03:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Thermostat Adjustment

I'd like to set the thermostat on my 18 cubic ft refrigerator
so that it runs the food compartment at about 66F so that I
can use it to ferment Mead and Beer.

I have a Ronco controller on my chest freezer so that it stays
at 52F for my beer kegs. I'd rather not use an external
controller on the refrigerator because it would make the freezer
compartment useless.

Any ideas or place to look for modifying the thermostat?

Dick
Old May 14th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair

If you want to rip the thermostat apart, you can generally adjust it. Not
sure the adjustement will go that hi.

Other option is to look for general purpose thermostat, which would go that
high and attach it somewhere inside the box. Connection is obvious.

Rich

Old May 14th 06, 06:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

RichK wrote:

If you want to rip the thermostat apart, you can generally adjust it. Not
sure the adjustement will go that hi.

Other option is to look for general purpose thermostat, which would go that
high and attach it somewhere inside the box...

We might also put a 100 W bulb in the fridge to warm it when the fridge is
less than 66 F and the freezer is warmer than 10 F. Otherwise, the freezer
may not stay frozen.

Nick