Posted to alt.home.repair
Phat Phuq

Default Paint advice

I'm in the process of finishing my basement.
I've drywalled the laundry room with moisture resistant drywall and I'm
ready to put a topcoat on the primer.

My question is, what is the best paint to use on drywall in the basement?
Especially in a potentially humid environment like the laundry room.

I'm thinking a kitchen and bath type, but my local home improvement store
suggested a concrete paint. Not sure about that one.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Phat Phuq" wrote in message
I'm in the process of finishing my basement.
I've drywalled the laundry room with moisture resistant drywall and I'm
ready to put a topcoat on the primer.

My question is, what is the best paint to use on drywall in the basement?
Especially in a potentially humid environment like the laundry room.

I'm thinking a kitchen and bath type, but my local home improvement store
suggested a concrete paint. Not sure about that one.

Any suggestions?

Open the yellow pages and find a real paint store which carries brands like
Pratt & Lambert or Devoe. Spend the extra money, be happy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Concrete paint is for concrete, not drywall. I've never any
"kitche/bath type paint." Unless by that you mean a semi-gloss or
stain type finish. They are sometimes used in those areas,
particularly semi-gloss, because they are easier to clean. However,
the downside is that many drywall bumps, dimples, imperfections are
very noticeable with a semi-gloss.

If it were me, I'd use a latex flat or satin.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phat Phuq

I've been using this site for reference.

http://www.cil.ca/en/brands_dulux.html

CIL Dulux Interior 100% Acrylic Kitchen & Bath (Silk Finish)
Is premium quality 100% acrylic water based paint. This paint is
specifically formulated for use in the most demanding rooms in your home
such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms that are subject to high
humidity, condensation or frequent washing and scrubbing.

I'm thinking of using this brand and type, but I was wondering if the extra
cost was necessary.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Concrete paint is for concrete, not drywall. I've never any
"kitche/bath type paint." Unless by that you mean a semi-gloss or
stain type finish. They are sometimes used in those areas,
particularly semi-gloss, because they are easier to clean. However,
the downside is that many drywall bumps, dimples, imperfections are
very noticeable with a semi-gloss.

If it were me, I'd use a latex flat or satin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've used this brand's anti-mildew paint with outrageous success in
poorly ventilated baths with teen-age girls taking "showers for hours"

They have a fairly comprehensive DIY page that helps you figure out
what you need, also.

And, as someone else mentioned, hit up a real paint store. Quality is
a step above and worth the extra price. And, amazingly, the people
behind the counter usually REALLY are in the know.

http://www.zinsser.com/Products.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:22:08 -0500, "Phat Phuq"
wrote:

I'm in the process of finishing my basement.
I've drywalled the laundry room with moisture resistant drywall and I'm
ready to put a topcoat on the primer.

My question is, what is the best paint to use on drywall in the basement?
Especially in a potentially humid environment like the laundry room.

I'm thinking a kitchen and bath type, but my local home improvement store
suggested a concrete paint. Not sure about that one.

Any suggestions?

I understand some paint is mold resistant, and for the rest, for each
gallon, you can buy a 4 oz. bottle of stuff you mix in and that makes
the paint mold resistant. Verdad?

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 02:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 09:02 AM
Valspar paint ...ARGH! Jean Home Repair 7 March 17th 06 10:34 PM
Risk Management/Shop Safety and Advice (long) charlie b Woodworking 8 June 9th 04 10:51 PM
exterior paint adhering or not? Gary C Home Repair 3 November 2nd 03 11:57 AM