Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Real snake inside water supply pipes

Hello;

To make a long story short...my 11 year old son thought it would be a
good idea to to put a gardener snake inside the main water supply pipe
in my house to play a prank...yah real f***in funny...now the snake is
caught up somewhere inside one of the 1/2" copper pipes because I am
not getting any water pressure. Further more, no one in my house in
there right mind would want to use the shower, let alone use the water
knowing that snake is probably dead and rotting inside a pipe
somewhere.

BTW, how he did it...He turned the main water valve off and removed a
3/4" bleed plug (?) and put the snake through the pipe. He thought the
snake would come out a faucet when someone was using the water in the
morning. The next morning he told me what he did because he got nervous
when I said I was going to call the plumber to see what was wrong.

Any ideas what I can do? I do not want to call a plumber because this
is embarrassing and I have no money to burn. Thanks for your time;
Phillip

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Turn off the main.Open the 3/4 plug and try to back flush it out. You
probably have to borrow a neighbors hose to do this since your supply
will be turned off, unless you have another source before the shutoff
valve.
Connect the hose to a washing machine faucet, cold water faucet, or
similiar to backflush it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Yea right, a snaketroll

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Sure it happens all the time, no water, replace all the pipes before the
snake has babies..

Posted to alt.home.repair

busy fellow, remove plug, open water line.

sad for the snake.

so what are you going to do to the kid?

his prank was cruelty to animals, even though it was just a snake i
would be concerned....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

If the backflush doesn't work, this does not auger well- you will have
to snake it out!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Tell the brat he's grounded. Give him a half dozen Charles Dickens books and
lock him in his room with a bucket. Remove anything from his room that's
powered by AC or batteries, except one lamp. Come back in a month.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

wrote in message
[...]

Interesting. On the one hand he is extremely resourceful; I know neither of
my sons could have done anything like that at 11. On the other hand he is
extremely stupid; how did he think the snake was going to come out through
the aerator?
I suggest you move to a house that is not infected with trolls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I guess the apple didnt fall far from the tree....

imagine trying to get a slithering snake into a small pipe?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 4 May 2006 07:12:53 -0700, "
wrote:

I guess the apple didnt fall far from the tree....

Is this a Garden of Eden joke?

imagine trying to get a slithering snake into a small pipe?

Indeed. The snake must have helped, no?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 4 May 2006 04:51:44 -0700, wrote:

Hello;

To make a long story short...my 11 year old son thought it would be a
good idea to to put a gardener snake inside the main water supply pipe
in my house to play a prank...yah real f***in funny...now the snake is
caught up somewhere inside one of the 1/2" copper pipes because I am
not getting any water pressure. Further more, no one in my house in
there right mind would want to use the shower, let alone use the water
knowing that snake is probably dead and rotting inside a pipe
somewhere.

BTW, how he did it...He turned the main water valve off and removed a
3/4" bleed plug (?) and put the snake through the pipe. He thought the

Good for him. Smart kid. This reminds me of the time my father told
me the combination to his office safe. I was 6, maybe 7. Everytime I
went to his office, i would open the safe and look inside (thought I
didn't remove anything.) My mother says he didn't think I would
remember it.

It is in fact cruel, but I wouldn't worry about your kid. I'd worry
more about myself, who once tormented a spider, then grasshoppers, and
finally ants (Ages 8, 12, and 16) Either right away or not too long
after the last one, I regretted it and about the same time, I
regretted the other two as well, if I hadn't earlier. I've never done
anything anywhere like that since, and I've never hit anyone except I
slapped an obnxious friend once (consciously opening my hand to be
sure it was only a slap; and I swatted at an obnoxious ex-girlfriend
who was tormenting me**, with a newspaper once. I dont' know if I hit
her, but certainly not much. I don't even yell at people or ever
threaten anyone, or anything. I don't even feel like doing so.

I didn't really DO anything to the grasshoppers except mow the lawn
where they all hung out. The problem was that I sort of hated them,
and enjoyed mowing right over them. (It was only one summer and maybe
1 to 3 times. The following summer there were few if any there.) If
it had occurred to me to go first and scare them away, that wouldn't
have worked because they would nave jumped into me maybe, and I hated
them.

Anyhow, you can see that I still remember all this and regret it.
And I'm sure by the time your kid is in his 20's or earlier he will
regret killing the snake. Actually I was ashamed at the time, and
never told anyone any of this, until now or maybe one person earlier.
So there was no one to criticize me. I guess you could, maybe should
point it out to him that he ended up killing the snake for no good
reason, but I think it is any child's mistake, and I might tell him
that and I wouldn't be hard on him at all. If you don't mistreat
animals, he'll regret it all by himself. If he doesn't already.

**She got her ex-husband so mad when they were married, he kept
knocking holes in walls with doorknobs and even without. He was so
angry he kicked a bag of cement and broke his foot. And her first
ex-husband said the greatest day of his life was the day he divorced
her. How did she get people so angry? By not caring a bit when they
got somewhat angry. Twice divorced before she was 30, and crapped on
her girlfriend at work too.

More importantly, I don't think at the time your kid saw it as even
tormenting the snake, just as funny. He thought it would come out the
faucet and would be fine. And I think they only warn about kids who
make repeated attacks on animals.

snake would come out a faucet when someone was using the water in the
morning. The next morning he told me what he did because he got nervous
when I said I was going to call the plumber to see what was wrong.

Any ideas what I can do? I do not want to call a plumber because this
is embarrassing and I have no money to burn. Thanks for your time;

Wait until it rots, and no more comes out of the faucet? That would
still leave the snake skin, and the bones, wouldn't it.

Do you know what pipe it is in? You must have some idea, because you
know if you are missing both hot and cold water, for example.

I would use the shower, but I'd let the water run a while first, as if
it had lead in it. But I don't expect your family to be like me.

Even I wouldn't drink the water, though.

Phillip

Posted to alt.home.repair
nothermark

[...]

Thinking it through I see a couple of problems. Assuming you have
access to a compressor I would blow it back out the way it came in as
that would be easier to get a larger hole. Figure out what faucet(s)
don't work so you can figure out what pipe to open up. If there is a
cleanout in line with the expected ejection take out the plug. If not
then cut the pipe, blow out the remains and repair the pipe. squirt a
load of clorox into the 3/4 plug the snake went in through, put the
plug back and then flush it out the faucet you blew the air into to
sanitize the pipe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I tried the compressor and garden hose backflush ideas but didn't work.
So I had no choice but to call a plumber and they got a kick out of it
also...appearently the snake was wedge in the very first 90 elbow and
was bloated and yes, he (my son) told me the snake was alive when he
put it in the pipes...poor *******.