Posted to alt.home.repair
mdboulay

Default Vinyl Shutters

During a recent thunderstorm one of our vinyl shutters was torn off of the
house. When we went to reinstall the shutter (with the new plastic
screws) we realized that the original plastic screws were sheared off
within the drill hole. Any suggestions for removing the old screws from
the drill holes? We have tried needle nose pliers and tried to redrill
the holes but nothing has worked.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe you need to contact Manuel Dexterity. :')

Seriously, shouldn't be a big deal to either drill it out, or extract
it. Practice, practice, practice, or find someone competent.

New category, eh- "drill hole"?

If all else fails, insert screws right next to old ones. This _is_
flexible plastic stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

"mdboulay" wrote in message
news:fbc881c32ba3a5d9b15f6de783b15d1a@homerepairli ve.com...
During a recent thunderstorm one of our vinyl shutters was torn off of the
house. When we went to reinstall the shutter (with the new plastic
screws) we realized that the original plastic screws were sheared off
within the drill hole. Any suggestions for removing the old screws from
the drill holes? We have tried needle nose pliers and tried to redrill
the holes but nothing has worked.

It's most likely NOT a screw. Vinyl shutters typicaly use a barbed style
mount that simply pushes in to the pre-drilled hole. You can not unscrew
them and they are very difficult to pull out. When they break they are
normally pushed further in to the wall which forces them to fall in to the
wall cavity.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Chauvin

"mdboulay" wrote in message
news:fbc881c32ba3a5d9b15f6de783b15d1a@homerepairli ve.com...

Check this out

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...=Taps+%26+Dies

Hardieplank versus vinyl fishman35 Home Repair 4 August 13th 06 02:55 AM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Leveling vinyl floor The Data Rat Home Repair 4 July 23rd 05 07:36 AM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM