Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default What is the rust on my lawnmower handle?

When I had a real car with real chromed bumpers, if there was rust it
usually buffed off with rubbing compound.

Now that I have no room for the lawn mower in the house, and the
plastic cover came off, there are some rust spots on the handle.

But these come off with my finger or fingernail, and the chrome seems
perfect underneath. Not even a little hole visible to my naked eye.

Is the chrome on the handlebar being damaged or not?

I've seen other handlebars with the chrome flaking off, and I figure
it starts with little rust spots, but if the steel underneath the
chrome is rusting, how come when I rub off the rust, I see the chrome,
and not the steel? Same question about my car's bumpers?

Crosslide Crank and Handle on 12" Crafstmas Lathe Terry Metalworking 4 July 20th 05 09:54 AM
Is it just me? (rust tips) Greg Millen Woodworking 6 August 28th 04 04:41 AM
Metal Door & Handle BigWallop UK diy 1 June 15th 04 08:00 AM
Nails Approved as Handle Ties Peter H. Metalworking 5 January 20th 04 02:16 AM
Rust on brickwork Tim Mitchell UK diy 1 July 4th 03 05:49 PM