Lawn Mower Doesn't Turn Off

Old April 2nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Mower Doesn't Turn Off

My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

Old April 2nd 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

What kind of a mower? Push, self propelled, ride on or what? What size motor
and cut? What brand of motor, Briggs and Stratton, Tecumseh or what? Is it
new or used?
oups.com...

Old April 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

It's really simple. Just reach down and grab the end of the plug wire and
pull it off. It will stop before you stop screaming.

Steve

Old April 2nd 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

It's really simple. Just reach down and grab the end of the plug wire and
pull it off. It will stop before you stop screaming.

Steve

Just keep cutting grass untill it runs out of gas.
Probably just a loose clamp on the cable that controls the on off mechanisim

Old April 2nd 06, 06:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

If you move the throttle handle to the full choke position it should 'choke'
the engine to sleep but that's not best for the engine. If you have a
"Stop" position on the throttle i suspect that the ground wire has become
disconnected. Look for a place where the switch comes to a stop and touches
a metal post. Now, look for a wire attached to the post. It should end at
a connection to the engine block. One end or the other has become
disconnected. Reattach and it should work.

Old April 2nd 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

This either a troll or incomplete information!

Can't tell from this posting whether we are speaking about an electric mower
with a defective switch? If so where is switch located? i.e. pull the plug
instead.

Or, say, a gasoline powered machine with a problem in the throttle linkage
and/or with a breakage in the electric shut off which is supposed to 'kill'
the ignition when the throttle is in the zero position?

Respectfully suggest post a more complete question and/or take it to a
repair shop.

Can someone recommend a electric lawn mower PeterM Home Repair 16 March 25th 06 12:20 AM
lawn mower knocks Choreboy Home Repair 5 August 10th 05 10:11 AM
lawn mower stalls unless I tip it! meirman Home Repair 4 November 15th 04 10:13 PM
Lawn Mower harry manka Home Repair 9 September 29th 04 04:30 PM
4 cycle lawn mower engine question Judy and Dave G Home Repair 7 October 27th 03 07:52 PM