Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rough cost anyone?

I know very little about home repair/installations, and I was
wondering, I got a gas dryer for free, but our hookup is for electric,
however we have a gas furnace in the basement (where we keep the dryer
and washer)... Anyone give me a rough estimate of how much to get a gas
line dragged across the room and hooked up to the dryer? Probably not
cheap is my guess...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know very little about home repair/installations, and I was
wondering, I got a gas dryer for free, but our hookup is for

electric,
however we have a gas furnace in the basement (where we keep

the dryer
and washer)... Anyone give me a rough estimate of how much to

get a gas
line dragged across the room and hooked up to the dryer?

Probably not
cheap is my guess...

Ballpark- $325.00

Posted to alt.home.repair
cj

we just paid 250 to have 2 guys come out and run about 25 ft. of
flexible supply line from our basement up to the kitchen for our new gas
stove. two shut off valves. in and out in a little over a half hour
cj

wrote:
I know very little about home repair/installations, and I was
wondering, I got a gas dryer for free, but our hookup is for electric,
however we have a gas furnace in the basement (where we keep the dryer
and washer)... Anyone give me a rough estimate of how much to get a gas
line dragged across the room and hooked up to the dryer? Probably not
cheap is my guess...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"we just paid 250 to have 2 guys come out and run about 25 ft. of
flexible supply line from our basement up to the kitchen for our new
gas
stove. two shut off valves. in and out in a little over a half hour"

I'd get the local code inspection people over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Flex lines??? Is that legal for that long run???

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Flex lines??? Is that legal for that long run???"

No. Duh.