Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window shades & cat

I want a insulating window shade for a west facing window, but my cat
claws any fabric shades. Are there any good wood or metal shades that
also insulates from heat well?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Shaw

Get your cat declawed.
Rick

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want a insulating window shade for a west facing window, but my cat
claws any fabric shades. Are there any good wood or metal shades that
also insulates from heat well?

Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light

"Soft Paws" are glue on rubber caps for cat claws. They stay on for
months at a time. Cat can try all it wants but won't be able to shred
anything.

http://www.softpaws.com/

-rev

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Tonks

At least trim your cat's claws. Ours gets a weekly nail trim. Makes her more
house compatable. Being done each week, she gets quite used to it, doesn't
mind at all, becomes part of grooming. Just to make it even easier for the
cat, it is done when she is just wakened from a sound sleep that way she is
still groggy and has little resistance in her.

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Soft Paws" are glue on rubber caps for cat claws. They stay on for
months at a time. Cat can try all it wants but won't be able to shred
anything.

http://www.softpaws.com/

-rev

Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q

In article , "Rick Shaw"
wrote:

- Get your cat declawed.
- Rick
-

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed. It's a horrible and painful
process. Some cats never recover, emotionally. Some suffer horrible
infections after the surgery.
--
8^\~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

Get your cat declawed.

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed.

OK. Shoot the cat. They are cheaper than window coverings.

It's a horrible and painful process.

Perhaps, but it's not so bad for the cat.

Some cats never recover, emotionally.

All the de-clawed cats I have asked simply replied, "What claws?"

Some suffer horrible infections after the surgery.

In that unlikely event, see my first suggestion above.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

Suzie-Q writes:

In article , "Rick Shaw"
wrote:

- Get your cat declawed.
- Rick
-

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed. It's a horrible and painful
process. Some cats never recover, emotionally. Some suffer horrible
infections after the surgery.

Our cat has still never complained.

If you're living in a log cabin, with hand built furniture,
by all means, leave the claws.

If you let the cat outside, leave the claws.

Our prior cat tunnelled her way under the carpet and took
the arms off the couches. Judging by the look on her face
she found the scratching post amusing.

I don't think it's horrible for the cat,
but I find having our furniture destroyed pretty horrible.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

"Eric Tonks" etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM writes:
"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Soft Paws" are glue on rubber caps for cat claws. They stay on for
months at a time. Cat can try all it wants but won't be able to shred
anything.

http://www.softpaws.com/

At least trim your cat's claws. Ours gets a weekly nail trim. Makes her more
house compatable. Being done each week, she gets quite used to it, doesn't
mind at all, becomes part of grooming. Just to make it even easier for the
cat, it is done when she is just wakened from a sound sleep that way she is
still groggy and has little resistance in her.

I don't think claw trimming really works, but when I used it,
I found covering the cats head with a towel very helpful.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dan Espen wrote:
Our cat has still never complained.

If you let the cat outside, leave the claws.

I had my cat denutted and declawed in the front only on the same day. Outside
of he didn't know whether to sit or stand for a few days, he got over it just
fine. As for going outside, I let him out as before. All the major asskicking
Mr. Kitty dishes out is done with the back claws.

With the loss of the front claws, no more torn up furniture; no more climbing up
drapes; no more climbing up my leg. Actually, he still thought he had claws in
the front, as he would still visit the scratching post to pat it every now and
then.

Emotionally? I'm sure he blamed the vet; not me. Hell... I saved him from
whatever other devious plans the vet had for him.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Storm window as main shed window? Dave K. Home Repair 3 July 25th 18 11:44 PM
New window in shower - use Corian? [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 9th 06 12:45 AM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 02:06 PM
Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage over a roll type in a one window bathroom? Bob Valor Home Repair 5 July 14th 05 08:05 AM
Cracked inner panel of dual pane glass (Caused by window film or cellular shades w/ tracks?) jay Home Repair 27 February 3rd 05 03:51 AM